The purpose of this rule is to stipulate what are required for the management of election of the ATU officers according to the article 8-9 of the ATU rule and regulations.
2. ATU Ad-hoc Election Committee
(1) An Ad-hoc Election Committee shall be established for purpose of fair management of elections.
(2) The committee shall be composed of less than 5 members ppointed by the President at the recommendation of the Secretary General.
(3) The term of the members shall start from 2 months before election and expire after the relevant election.
(1) The committee shall screen the qualifications of candidates and announce the qualified candidates no later than one (1) month before the day of election.
(2) The committee may request the candidates to submit materials to support their qualification.
(3) The committee shall be in charge of whole procedures of the election including voting, ballot counting and promulgation of its results. Also, the committee shall have exclusive right to correct and punish any injustices related with the elections.
(4) For the elections all decisions made by the committee shall be final.
4. The committee shall take the following aspects into consideration for screening the qualifications of the candidacy.
(1) Contribution to the ATU by the relevant member country like payment of membership fee, donations and competition inductions, etc.
(2) Effort for the development of Taekwondo as a member of national associations and development of ATU.
(3) Pledge of commitment to the development of ATU.
This rule shall be effective from January 1st, 2008 after decision by vote of the ATU Executive Council Members. The vote decision by the Executive Council made during November, 2007 either by the post mail or e-mail.
* Attaching application form Download flie 1, 2